Old Ball Game

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Defensive Driving with Candi - Episode #2

Driving in Beaufort at Night-Episode #2-The weekend after Episode #1, on a Saturday night about 1AM I realize that I only have one diet coke left. Yes, I have a problem with diet cokes!  

I decide I'm going to go to the convenience market that is open 24 hours a day so I don't have to get up early and go. Notice I say "have to go".  I drive down Mossy Oaks (without event from the dog chaser) and get to the store where it is clearly open but the doors are locked. I wait a few minutes and then decide to leave and go down Ribaut Road to see if another one is open. 

I'm driving down the road and something HUGE and evidently sharp was in the middle of the road which my drivers side front tire hit and immediately flattened. The road was not well lit as everything closes at 9PM in this town... So, I limp my car over to the Hardees above on the right. 

It is now 1AM and I'm a mile from my house and no way to get there. I dial the non emergency police dispatch line and get the "our hours are 8-5 on M-F" twice. I call 911 and GET THE SAME MESSAGE! I called back repeatedly until a lady answered. I explained my situation and she sent an officer who came and got me and took me home. 

So, I'm sitting here with no diet coke and no car! There is a guy coming soon to get me to put on my spare tire and then I will get a diet coke... expensive diet coke! I still wonder what was in the middle of the road. I was on the right side of a 2 lane road so it had to be in the middle of the road. I told the cop about it so I hope they looked for it in order to avoid another incident like mine!


UPDATE:  The auto repair guy is putting the spare on my front tire and look at what I'm getting!  The most expensive diet coke ever....


No comments:

Post a Comment